Terms & conditions for Deans Chair Covers & Events 2017
- Deans Chair Covers trades as Deans Events Limited. Deans Events Ltd is Registered at Companies House under Company Number 8760757. VAT registration number 267 9282 55.
- Whenever the term “Deans Chair Covers” is used, this also incorporates “Deans Events Limited”.
- Whenever the term “hirer” or “Client” is used; this is the person who is named on the invoice and who has made the booking.
- Where ever the term “owner” is used, this means Deans Events Ltd of 9 Smarts Close, Brackley, Northamptonshire, NN136NL.
- All bookings are made subject to availability and therefore please check your dates with us prior to completing your booking form.
- All equipment remains the property of the owner except fresh flowers which can be removed by clients at the end of the night and given to guests. If they are left in vases when we return to collect we will arrange for fresh flowers to be disposed of.
- It is the clients responsibility to ensure that the venue does not intend to change their chairs at any point prior to the date of the event. This is more serious if you are looking at having Poly twill covers as lycra stretch covers fit most chairs without arms.
- Prices quoted are for one days hire only, apart from the day of delivery and collection. Subsequent days will be charged at a daily rate unless a special agreement has been arranged prior to the event between the owner and the hire.
- In order to secure the services of the owner a non-refundable £20 deposit must be paid. This is deductible from the final invoice but is not refundable in the event of cancellation. An interim invoice will be issued to the client at the time of booking showing this balance and the sum due.
- Final payment is due four weeks prior to an event when final numbers need to be confirmed. Please note that if cleared payment is not received before the event date then we will presume that our services are no longer required, and the hirer will lose their initial booking deposit. We will ensure that we contact clients around this time to prompt final number clarification so you do not need to worry about remembering. No set up will be done if cleared payment is not received.
- At the time of final payment, a refundable sum of money is payable in addition to the hire charges. If you are doing a chair cover & Sash hire only it is £50.00. If you are doing a full package hire including cases and table centres it is £100.00. Deposits are preferred in the form of a cheque. This is taken as insurance. It is not cashed and is only used in the event that any damages occur to any of our products. If it is not required, you will be informed and the cheque shredded. If you cannot provide this by cheque, it will be necessary to pay this into our bank account and we will hold it and return it after the event unless any part of it is required. If no deposit is received an any damages occur we will invoice you after the event.
- Cancellation – in the event of cancellation with more than 4 weeks notice to the event, the client will forfeit their deposit plus any surplus charges added on for any additional extras that would have been advised of by the owner.
- Cancellation – in the event of cancellation with less than 4 week notice before the event, the client will be contract bound to pay the remaining balance in full.
- Alterations to bookings – Alterations to bookings with more than 4 weeks notice will not effect the clients booking but are subject to the written agreement of the owner.
- Alterations with less than 4 weeks notice or if the final invoice has been requested by the client will only be agreed at the discretion of the owner. If your booking is severely reduced and stock has already been ordered and prepared, the owner still reserves the right to charge for these items in full and the client is still responsible to pay for these items in full.
- Bespoke Orders: if the client has ordered something from ‘the owner’ that has had to be specifically manufactured or ordered in, and the client cancels the booking, or that part of the booking, the client will still be responsible for the payment of that item in full.
- In the event of any damage occurring to any chair cover beyond repair or that is missing after an event, the hirer will be charged the full replacement cost:Other items damaged will be cost as priced below:-£5.00 per Chair Cover for Lycra Covers in Black/Ivory/White
£6.00 per Chair Cover for coloured Lycra Covers
£8.00 per Chair Cover for Polyester Twill
£1.50 charge will also be made for any damaged or missing sashes.
£5.99 for table runners
£40.00 for any long table sash swaging material
£25.00 for any short table sash swaging material
£9.99 each for 6 or 8 inch fish bowls
£12.00 for 10inch fish bowls
£8 each for Lily Vases
£12.00 each for floating candle dishes
£15.00 each for bird cages
£50.00 each for Martini Vases
£80.00 each for Pedestal Bird Cages
£150.00 for Post Boxes
£40.00 for wishing trees
£To Be Discussed for Starlight Backdrop &/or skirt
£To Be Discussed for Aisle Runner
- If any items hired are not listed above and are hired and damaged and lost; they will be charged at the repair cost or the replacement cost of the productt if it cannot be repaired. This will all be advised to you in writing. If the damages amount exceeds the balance of the damages deposit taken, then the hirer will be invoiced for the outstanding amount.
- Full Table Packages:- Please note that Diamond Package offers fresh flowers and are subject to a full meeting with our preferred florist who has many years experience in the Wedding Industry. These packages include a budget for your flowers and our florist will be able to explain this to you and offer you examples of what you can have with the flowers you have in mind and with you build a truly bespoke design to suit your wedding theme.
These packages are priced taking into account floral costs for non commercial peaks of the year. For clients booking around high peak times where floral prices become very expensive, (i.e. Valentines Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas etc) then there may have to be an increase in the price should you wish to include certain flowers/colours in your floral arrangements. All this is discussable with Claire when you meet with her to look at your options.
- Chair covers must not be taken outside a venue; they are for indoor use only. However, our chair covers may be hired for alfresco wedding ceremonies at specific venues with prior agreement from the owner.
In the event a chair cover becomes wet, please do not place in a plastic bag as this can cause mildew to occur and this will damage the cover. Please leave them for us to deal with as most stains are removable through professional cleaning.
- The Owner is not responsible for injury to any person(s) or damage to property however sustained arising from the goods hired.
- The Owner reserves the right to use any photography of events for promotional purposes unless otherwise advised by the hirer.
- In the event of sudden severe weather (e.g. snow) we will make every effort to complete all bookings made. However, we will not endanger any of The Owners vehicle(s) or employee(s) in trying to do so. In the unlikely event that this occurs all monies paid in advance will be refunded in full to the client.
- Payment of your deposit to us is deemed as you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of hire. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like clarification on any of the above terms before making any payment to us.
- Please make all cheques payable to “Deans Events Limited” or if you would prefer to pay by BACS directly into our account our details are: Account Number: 22778660 Sort Code: 30-92-55 Bank: Lloyds.